Thailand’s Andaman Sea and Similan Islands are world famous for liveaboard diving.
Expect beautiful coral reefs, mantas and whale sharks.
Diving is one of the most popular activities is Thailand, all levels of divers drawn to the calm, warm waters and rich variety of marine life. Diving is on offer all over the country but liveaboard diving is concentrated on the west side in the Andaman Sea.
Diviac can offer 7 excellent liveaboards in Thailand, which can be booked online. Those who want the experience of a traditional Southeast Asian sailing boat can choose between the atmospheric, if slightly older, ‘The Junk’ and the traditional but luxurious SY Diva Andaman.
Phone: +44 20 3287 3802
Divers looking for simple backpacker style, will enjoy the Flying Seahorse. The MV Deep Andaman Queen, MV Andaman Tritan and Marco Polo are more modern with spacious cabins and bright windows. At the luxury end, you can travel in complete comfort on the Thailand Aggressor with a stylish sundeck and private bathrooms in the cabins.
More about diving in Thailand
- Submerge at Koh Phi Phi's coral gardens and limestone slopes, hosting everything from seahorses to sharks.
- Wreck dive in Khao Lak on your way out to the North Andaman Sea.
- Dive the untouched Mergui Archipelago in Burma, newly open to diving and rich with life.
- Koh Tachai hosts pelagics just like Richelieu- dive here for mantas, whale sharks, tuna, and fun underwater topography.
- Koh Bon is a premier manta site, but it also adds reef sharks and macro to the mix.
- Lose yourself in the profusion of marine life on and around Hin Daeng and Hin Muang's vertical cliffs.
- Maximize your dives per day by living onboard and have dive sites on your doorstep daily.